The installation scripts currently only works on Raspberry (except xbian) and Ubuntu
For the automatic install open a terminal in a folder of choice where Dashticz V3 will get installed:
mkdir dev cd dev
Then start the installation script with:
. <(wget -qO - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Dashticz/dashticz/beta/scripts/dashticz_install.sh )
- asks for a folder where to install Dashticz V3
- asks to install the beta or master branch : For now only beta works with the auto install!!
- Clones the Dashticz V3 repository and selected branch into a new folder
- Asks for the IP adress of your Domoticz server.
- Copies CONFIG_DEFAULT.js to CONFIG.js with the correct IP address for Domoticz
Then a Makefile is executed which:
- Installs Docker (if not installed yet)
- Creates a Dashticz V3 container, named dtv3, containing Apache and PHP
- FInd the first free port, 8082 or higher
- Starts the container on the first free port
- Mounts the dashticz folder to the web-root of the container
- Shows the Dashticz url
If you open this url then the default Dashticz dashboard becomes visible.
So no more need to configure Apache and/or PHP! It just works out-of-the box. You need a few 100 MB free space on your system.
The first time the installation may take a while (5 - 15 minutes?): be patient.
Update from a previous version¶
If the default page is working then you can copy your previous CONFIG.js, custom.css, custom.js from your previous installation to dashticz/custom.
Just refresh your browser, and your new dashboard is shown. No need to rebuild the docker container.